Sunday, July 20, 2008

New plain old PCI cards

I thaught that AGP cards where dying off but recently I found something crazy - radeon 2400 for PCI. Not PCI-e but for the old one! Its crazy but i think I'll buy it - it's not that expensive (a bit over 100 pln) and will fit into my "old" computer. Hope it makes it faster in games, quieter and make use of two screens :-) I might stick a bit more with my computer after all.

Here's the link:
http://www.powercolor.com/pol/products_layer_2.asp?SeriesID=57

There are also other new graphics cards for pci: fx5500, gf6200 and even gf8600. Aparently people use them in computers with no agp or pci-e slots.

edit: I don't think I'll buy it, just change the graphics card ventilator to a new one, and buy a new pc later, and a rather inexpensive one but new - good for upgrades :-)

1 comment:

pci said...

Thanks for this excellent blog post. It helped me learn some of the key issues about PCI. I plan to read your blog a lot more.